Oh yes, that’s right… Twix muffins! As in a candy bar, in your muffins. I don’t think these are breakfast muffins. They are more like dessert muffins or “I had a hard day at work” muffins. But then again, they are muffins so if you had one for breakfast no one would fault you for that. When An email that this week for Muffin Monday there would be Twix involved, I immediately loved them right from the start. I knew that Mike was going to devour these! These muffins are chocolatey, then the caramel just melts from the Twix into the muffins and melds into muffins perfection. These are a great way to start your week!
One Year Ago: Buttermilk French Toast
Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street. A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick line to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings week after week.
Chocolate muffins chock full of Twix pieces.
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 packages of Twix candy bars, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg and buttermilk and mix until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir just until moistened.
- Fold in the Twix pieces.
- Evenly divide the batter among 12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.