**Disclosure: Today’s post has been sponsored by Bonne Maman through my relationship with Honest Cooking. All opinions expressed here are my own.**
Oh how time flies! I feel like I’ve just begun to put away my sweaters and boots in favor of t-shirts, capris and sneakers as Spring has finally begun to arrive in the Northeast. Before you know it, May will be here which means Mother’s Day is right around the corner. Can you believe it?
Each year I get more and more excited for our tradition of brunching together in celebration of the mothers in our family. My second favorite thing besides a lovely family brunch is breakfast in bed. Oh, if my family only took a hint and would pamper me with a relaxing breakfast in bed. What a wonderful way that would be to wake up!
I can see it now, my girls tiptoeing in with a tray in hand being careful to balance the contents as they walk over to wake me softly with promises of juice, hot coffee, sweet little kisses and a pastry perhaps. These Ginger Apricot Tartlets would be a perfect addition to Mom’s breakfast in bed.
A flaky delicate crust is filled with an almond base that is filled with hints of crystalized ginger and swirls of Bonne Maman Apricot Preserves. This little tartlet is breakfast in bed perfection and starts Mom’s day off with just a little something sweet that she’s sure to remember. Serve with coffee and perhaps a croissant and a little bowl of apricot preserves on the side.
The Bonne Maman preserves will be just as memorable as the Ginger Apricot Tartlet! I love Bonne Maman preserves because they’re made from the same time-honored traditional French recipes used to create the brand and their preserves, jellies and spreads feature only the finest quality whole fruit and ingredients that can found in right in your very own kitchen.
Bonne Maman always brings back sweet childhood memories of family breakfasts and holiday meals. My favorite thing though is that Bonne Maman is filled with simple ingredients and has a homemade taste made with natural ingredients, has no high fructose corn syrup, no additives and is non-GMO. These qualities are so important to me.
AND get this! Right now Bonne Maman is hosting a sweepstakes! Be sure to enter for your chance to win the grand prize of a 12-Piece Le Creuset Cookware Set and a copy of “The Cast Iron Way To Cook”!!! But wait, even if you don’t win the grand prize there’s still pretty magnificent things to be won. Five 1st prize winners will receive Le Creuset crock tools set along with a coupon for a free 13 ounce jar of Bonne Maman. AND there will be 500 second place winners drawn as well as 500 third place winners. Head over to enter and see what else you can win!
With this many opportunities to win, how can you NOT enter? Click HERE to enter for your chance to win one of the fabulous prizes! To learn more about Bonne Maman or see other recipe ideas, check them out on Instagram and Pinterest!
Soft little tarts swirled with Bonne Maman apricot preserves with a hint of ginger topped with an apricot half and a sprinkling of sparkling sugar. A beautiful, sweet treat paired with a cup of tea or coffee to start Mom's day off right.
- For Crust:
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons kirsch
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- For Filling:
- 1/2 cup packed almond paste (about 5 ounces)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Bonne Maman Apricot Preserves, divided
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced crystalized ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Sparkling sugar or sanding sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and kirsch. Set aside.
- Pulse together the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor briefly just to blend together. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the egg/kirsch mixture and pulse until moist clumps form.
- Gather the mixture together and split into 4 equal balls then form each into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate to chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll dough out to a circle then press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of an 4-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Set aside in the refrigerator and prepare the filling.
- Blend almond paste and sugar in the food processor until almond paste is finely ground. Add flour and butter then process until well combined. Add eggs, 1/4 cup Bonne Maman Apricot Preserves, orange juice and almond extract. Process until smooth. Spread filling in crust.
- Add small dollops of remaining preserves over the top of the tart filling. Gently drag the tip of a sharp knife through center of the dollop to create a heart or swirl decoratively. Sprinkle top with sparkling sugar, if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes until golden brown and center is set. Cool to room temperature and serve.