Crusty No Knead Bread with Rosemary, Lemon & Gruyere

by Kate on May 7, 2014

Crusty No Knead Bread with Rosemary, Lemon & Gruyere - FoodBabbles.com

Hang on to your hats folks! You see this loaf of bread? This is the easiest loaf of bread EVER! I know that’s a bold statement but I truly feel that anyone can make this crusty no knead bread. Yeast fearing? Fear no more. Not a fan of making bread because you don’t like kneading? This is the loaf for you. This no knead bread is merely a matter of mixing together 4 simple ingredients and giving it a stir. Yep. That’s it. Bread is born. Just sit back, relax and let the yeast do it’s thing. You’ll let it hang out for 12-18 hours and that’s that. Pop that baby in the oven and shortly after, the most beautiful loaf of bread you’ve ever seen will emerge from your oven.

This bread is a completely blank slate and will be incredible no matter how you choose to enjoy it. This is my go-to every day bread. A plain loaf will be soft, tender inside while being crisp and golden outside. Wonderful all on its own. Feeling a little adventurous? You could make my latest version. I added fragrant rosemary, bright lemon and nutty Gruyere cheese. Cheese and herbs are my favorite things to add another level of flavor to bread while the lemon zest adds a light spring flavor.

Crusty No Knead Bread with Rosemary, Lemon & Gruyere - FoodBabbles.com

If your sweet tooth has a hold on you, add cinnamon and raisins or almonds, cranberries and a touch of orange zest. Roasted garlic and thyme would be another incredible variation. Really, whatever flavors strike your fancy will be fantastic! Get creative or just enjoy this easy to make no knead bread on its own. Either way, this is about to become your go-to bread recipe too! You can read more about this No Knead Artisan Bread Recipe over on Food Fanatic today.

One Year Ago: Lemon Raspberry Bundtlets

Two Years Ago: Popcorn Peanut Cake

One Year Ago: Fresh Raspberry Bars

ChristineM May 7, 2014 at 2:13 pm

I love that kind of bread, with the cheeses and herbs, I can smell it from here.
Got it on my to do list!

Kate May 8, 2014 at 10:56 am

I know you’ll love it Christine! This is my favorite version of “mix-ins” but I make int 2-3 times a week just plain to eat with dinner. So good! And so easy.

laurasmess May 8, 2014 at 3:15 am

No-knead bread recipes always give me a huge amount of hope that I can actually produce something edible in the bread department… your loaf looks absolutely perfect! Love the addition of rosemary, lemon and cheese. Oh boy. Drooling right now! Thanks Kate!

Kate May 8, 2014 at 10:55 am

I promise! You can do this!! Honestly, it’s the easiest loaf of bread I’ve ever made. I make it a few times a week just plain to have with our dinner. It’s perfection all by itself.

Barbara | Creative Culinary May 8, 2014 at 3:30 pm

I’ve been making bread like this for awhile Kate but for the life of me can’t recall what recipe inspired me. Recall where this one came from? I typically add parm but I’ve got a rosemary plant on the counter…will have to do that!

mjskit May 13, 2014 at 12:03 am

What a fabulous loaf of bread! I can’t wait to make this and only hope that mine is as beautiful as yours. Saw this at Food Fetish.

Kate May 16, 2014 at 9:25 pm

I’m sure it will turn out wonderfully! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Sandra R June 24, 2014 at 7:05 pm

Hi,

I just made a loaf of this bread from a similar recipe. I was wondering if I could add stuff to the recipe to make flavored bread. Thanks for answering that for me. The recipe I used called for self-rising yeast. It that what you mean by instant yeast?

Kate June 27, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Not having seen the recipe you’re referring to, I can’t be 100% sure but I bet you could add whatever herbs, cheeses, zests, etc you would like to the recipe that you used and it would be wonderful! Let those creative juices flow. As for self-rising yeast, I’m not familiar with that. But instant yeast will actually say “instant” on the packaging.