I love entertaining in the warm months when we can all sit outside on the deck and have a nice relaxing day filled with good food. I love the company of family and friends, but I especially love the experience of eating together. So when I was approached to take part in Kitchen PLAY’s “30 Days of Outdoor Dining” event sponsored by Land O Lakes® Deli Cheese, I was all about it.
What do you think about when you envision outdoor dining? For me, fat, juicy cheeseburgers sizzling on the grill and the charcoal scent wafting through the air come to mind. I also think about pasta salads, full of Italian meats and crisp vegetables. I can practically feel a cool drink in my hand, the condensation dripping down the side. The gentle click of the ice cubes against the sides of a tall glass as I take a nice long sip. As we relax and talk I like to serve some thin, crusty bread slices, toasted to perfection which make the perfect vessel for carrying dip.
My favorite kind of dip is spinach artichoke dip. I remember growing up, my mother would always make an artichoke dip for barbecues Once I started making my own, I added spinach to it as well. I love the combination of these two simple vegetables into a creamy dip. The recipe I’m sharing today is leagues above the recipes I’ve made in the past, taking spinach and artichokes from simple to extraordinary thanks to the addition Land O Lakes® 4 Cheese Italian Blend.
If you haven’t tried this cheese yet, you’re gonna fall in love. New Land O Lakes®4 Cheese Italian Blend combines their classic creamy American deli cheese, which has always been a staple in our house, with the rich Italian flavors of Asiago, Romano and Parmesan cheeses. This pairing brings a bolder flavor to dishes where you already use American cheese. You can add this cheese to everything from your favorite sandwiches, to the juicy cheeseburgers on the grill, to the pasta salad you’re about to serve along side those cheeseburgers to the dip that your family and friends will not be able to stop digging into. The Land O Lakes® 4 Cheese Italian Blend gives my artichoke dip a bold taste that will have you coming back bite after bite, unable to resist.
*Have you tried this new cheese yet? What are your thoughts?
Be sure to check Kitchen PLAY every day for the next fabulous recipe featuring new LAND O LAKES® 4 Cheese Italian Blend or LAND O LAKES® Deli American Cheese. Then, get in on the fun by leaving a comment with your own “30 Days of Outdoor Dining” tip for dining al fresco this summer. If you do, you’ll be entered to win a lovely grilling prize pack, including one grilling spatula, one marinade brush, one set of tongs and one grill scraper. Kitchen PLAY will be giving away four prizes total, one each week! Please visit Kitchen PLAY for sweepstakes guidelines. Follow Land O’Lakes on Twitter at @LandOLakesKtchn or search the hash tag #kitchenplay.
Warm, cheesy spinach and artichoke dip perfect for entertaining.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup (about 1/2 lb) Land O Lakes® 4 Cheese Italian Blend, cut into small pieces and divided
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts (not marinated), drained and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise with a hand mixer until smooth. Add in the garlic powder, salt and chili powder. Mix again just until combined.
- Add the spinach, 1 cup of Land O Lakes® 4 Cheese Italian Blend and artichokes. Give it all a stir until incorporated.
- Pour into a baking dish and sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup of Land O Lakes® 4 Cheese Italian Blend. (You can use a 24cm quiche dish and bake for 15-20 minutes or a 1.5 quart baking dish and bake 25-30 minutes.)
- Bake until dip is warm, bubbly and cheese on top is lightly browned.
**Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Land O Lakes as part of the Kitchen PLAY SideCar Series. As always, the opinions given here are my own.