These moist red wine chocolate cupcakes are dark, decadent and full flavored. They’re allergy friendly and actually pretty healthy for a sweet treat! I know, looking at that beautiful chocolate cupcake it’s hard to believe. Healthy decadence. I love when I can eat cake without guilt. These cupcakes are gluten-free, sugar-free, nut-free and dairy-free making them perfect for everyone, those with or without allergies. These beautiful cupcakes are the creation of Debbie Adler.
Debbie Adler is the owner of Sweet Debbie’s Organic Cupcakes in Los Angeles where she bakes up organic treats that also happen to be allergen and sugar-free! Her cookbook Sweet Debbie’s Organic Treats: Allergy-Free & Vegan Recipes brings those recipes right to your home. With delectable treats like stoned fruit muffins, dark chocolate mesquite brownies, basil lemonade cookies and coconut crunch doughnut holes you can probably imagine I had a pretty hard time choosing my first recipe to make.
Once I laid eyes on these chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting, I knew I’d found the recipe I wanted to try first. What’s not to love about double chocolate? With a certain romance holiday only days away, these chocolate cupcakes would be the perfect ending to a romantic dinner and your loved ones will love you for it. I plan on making another batch of these to send into Maddy’s class Valentine’s Day party. With so many allergies in her classroom (her own included) I love that I’ll be able to provide a healthier, allergy free treat!
Interested in trying some of Debbie’s allergy free and vegan recipes for yourself? One lucky winner will be the proud new owner of a copy of Sweet Debbie’s Organic Treats: Allergy-Free & Vegan Recipes. Just use that nifty little Rafflecopter form below to enter for your chance to win. Good luck!
Dark, decadent, moist chocolate cupcakes with wine undertones. Vegan, gluten free, sugar free, allergy friendly!
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plain rice milk
- 1/4 cup Pinot Noir
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/8 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1/3 cup vegan, soy-free plain yogurt (such as So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt)
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons mashed avocado
- 1 cup powdered erythritol
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 12-cup cupcake tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together rice milk, wine and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda, guar gum and salt. Make a well in the center.
- Add the grape seed oil, coconut nectar, vanilla and stevia to the well then stir to combine. Add the rice milk and stir until the mixture is smooth. Add the yogurt and stir again until incorporated. Add the rice milk wine mixture to the large bowl and stir until combined.
- Transfer batter to a large measuring cup with a spout or other container with a pour spout. Pour batter evenly among prepared muffins cups, about 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 16-17 minutes, rotating the tin halfway through baking. Remove from oven and cool in tin 10 minutes then transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, mix together coconut nectar, coconut oil and avocado. Add the powdered erythritol, cacao powder, warm water, stevia and salt. Stir the mixture until well combined and smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes with chocolate frosting.
Recipe adapted from Sweet Debbie's Organic Treats: Allergy-Free & Vegan Recipes
FTC Disclosure: Food Babbles is an Amazon.com affiliate and receives a minuscule commission on all purchases made through Amazon links in our posts. If you’d like to support the site further, please use this link or use the Amazon ads placed in the sidebar to make your purchases.