**Disclosure: I was provided with the gorgeous new Nordic Ware Fruit Tartine for the purposes of writing this post. I was not compensated in any other way by Nordic Ware for my work. I truly love their products and know you will too!**
Every summer I get all jazzed about the arrival of fresh, ripe peaches. Few things in life are more nostalgic for me than peaches. Growing up, we had a peach tree in my father’s backyard.
It was always such a wonderful thing when the peaches became ripe. I loved plucking one off the tree, sinking my teeth into that peach, the juices running down my chin and arms. I would go inside happy and sticky with peach juice.
Recently, Nordic Ware was kind enough to send me my very own Fruit Tartine pan. Isn’t it beautiful? I’m so in love with all my Nordic Ware baking pans. Not only are they gorgeous, they always cook evenly and let my cakes easily slide right out.
Nordic Ware is celebrating 70 years as family owned and operated Kitchenware Company since 1946! Nordic Ware manufactures the vast majority of its products in America, at their Minneapolis headquarters, including cookware, bakeware, grillware, microwave, and kitchen gadgets and accessories.
So once this attractive pan showed up on my doorstep, I set to work filling it with deliciousness. This Peach Basil Upside Down Crumb Cake is moist and tender, studded with sweet basil kissed peaches. Once the cake is turned out onto a serving platter, the peaches become the top while the bottom is an almond crumb streusel crust.
I absolutely love this pan! Not only did it bake my cake evenly with consistent results like all my Nordic Ware pans, the imprint makes the cake extra special. How pretty, right?
The almonds, basil and peaches are natural companions. The end result is a beautiful summery upside down cake perfect for backyard barbecues or a warm, summer breakfast treat. I know you’ll enjoy this just as much as we did!
Hungry For More? Here Are More Peach Recipes You’ll Love
Tender brown sugar vanilla cake with a hint of lemon dotted with basil kissed peaches atop an almond crumb crust.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large peaches, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 4 ounces vanilla greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray Nordic Ware Fruit Tartine pan (or other 6 cup capacity cake pan) with baking spray containing flour. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, flour, sugar, almonds and salt until evenly moistened. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss together peaches, basil and powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Cut 4 tablespoons butter into small pieces and scatter over prepared pan. Scatter peaches, basil and any accumulated juices over butter. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream together remaining 4 tablespoons butter and 3/4 cup brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lemon zest, juice and vanilla bean paste until well incorporated. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition, scraping down the sides as needed. Add baking powder and salt. Next, add half the flour, beat to incorporate. Add yogurt, beat again. Add remaining flour and beat just until smooth and incorporated.
- Spread batter over peaches. Sprinkle batter with crumb topping.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a tester inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes then invert onto serving plate.