**Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Cavit through my relationship with Honest Cooking. All the opinions expressed here are my own.**
It’s the holiday season and most definitely a favorite time of year for me. There’s so much going on, family and friends to see and entertaining to do. I love having people over during the holidays.
It’s the perfect time to catch up with everyone, perhaps exchange a gift or two and just relax. Our favorite way to relax is to have an apps and cocktails night. Making a few finger foods makes entertaining a breeze. People can nosh and chat, no forks required.
I love pairing my holiday apps with great wine. It’s the perfect accompaniment to appetizers and no matter red or white, I always know Cavit Wines will have a variety that’s perfect for everyone at my party.
For thoseCavit Select Red Blend is a blend of Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Teroldego, making it a rich bold blend with an Italian twist. While crisp Cavit Pinot Grigio has light, refreshing flavors of citrus and green apple.
Both these beautiful wines are even more wonderful when paired with these Crostini with Apples, Prosciutto & Sage. Toasty crostini are topped with sharp white cheddar, a dollop of spiced apple compote, a piece of crisp, smoky prosciutto and fried sage leaves are the perfect finishing touch. Sweet, savory, crisp. These crostini are the perfect thing to nosh on while sipping Cavit wines and celebrating with friends.
Crostini topped with sharp white cheddar, spiced apple compote, crispy prosciutto and fried sage leaves.
- 20 crostini, homemade or store bought
- 20 slices sharp white cheddar
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 bunch sage, leaves only
- 4 slices prosciutto, cut into bite-size pieces
- olive oil
- Melt butter in a large pan over high heat. Once melted, add the spices then add the apples and saute for about 4 minutes, until browned. Add 1 tablespoon water, the honey and lemon juice. Cook for 4 minutes, the apples are tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Set a clean pan over medium heat. Coat pan with olive oil.Once hot, fry the sage leaves until crisp, about 1 minute. Drain on paper towels.
- Add the prosciutto pieces to the same pan in a single layer. Cook for 1 minute on each side until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Top each crostini with a slice of sharp white cheddar cheese, a dollop of the apple mixture, a piece of crispy prosciutto and a fried sage leaf.
For another amazing appetizer recipe that’s sure to impress, check out these amazing Braised Lamb Bites!