When it comes to snacking, I’m always on the lookout for healthy options. So many packaged goods are convenient but filled with sugar or salt or other questionable ingredients. One look at my Instagram feed and you’ll see many of my mid-day snack options are things that need to be cooked. Not so convenient for on the go snacking.
So what’s a healthy eating girl to do? Preplan! In this case, I preplanned with autumn’s bounty of apples. We always eat a lot of apples in our house. It’s the one thing I can’t seem to buy enough of. This week, I picked up some extra ones and set about making these Baked Cinnamon Apple Chips.
Making this health chip recipe couldn’t be easier either! Simply slice your apples super thin, toss them with some cinnamon and pop them in the oven. Viola! Sweet, crunchy goodness emerges ready for your snacking pleasure. I personally am a total fiend for cinnamon so mine have a lot! I couldn’t get enough of these apple chips.
You could jazz these up with other spices too. Add a little nutmeg or perhaps a little something spicy? Or maybe that’s just me and my addiction to sweet/spicy combos! But either way, you should most definitely grab some apples and make these sweet, crisp, utterly addictive Baked Cinnamon Apple Chips.
Hungry For More? Here Are Other Apple Recipes You’ll Love!
Healthy cinnamon kissed baked apple chips!
- 3 apples, sliced paper thin
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place apple slices on prepared baking sheets, making sure to leave space between slices and not to overlap at all. Sprinkle both sides with desired amount of cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn over and bake for 1 hour longer.
- Cool completely and serve.