Grilled cheese is one of those foods that immediately feels like comfort food. It brings back childhood memories and elicits thoughts of cool winter days. Really, there’s just something wonderful about toasted buttery bread and melted cheese. But grilled cheese isn’t just winter food. This peach arugula grilled cheese is definitely the classic sandwich dressed up for summer.
Last month was national grilled cheese month. Did you know that? I’m a total cheese fiend so how did I not know this? The folks at Kerrygold so graciously sent me a whole box of cheese and butter to commemorate the occasion but it’s arrival was sadly only a week before the end of April so I didn’t get to celebrate properly. But just because national grilled cheese month is over doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy some warm, melted Kerrygold cheese right?
Here I took thick slices of sourdough bread and spread them with chunky peach jam then filled them with slivers of Kerrygold Dubliner cheese. I buttered each side with Kerrygold butter then into the skillet it went. Once melted, I added peppery arugula leaves for the finishing touch. Biting into the toasted bread was pure heaven as the flavors of the sweet jam, sharp Dubliner cheese and peppery arugula melded together.
In the past my favorite grilled cheese has been strawberry brie grilled cheese but this peach arugula grilled cheese is definitely giving that combination a run for its money! Now I’m not sure which is my favorite. Guess I’ll just have to keep making them both until I decide. It’s a tough job but someone has to do it.
**Disclosure: I was provided a box of Kerrygold cheeses and butter at no cost to me. I was under no obligation to write about these products and was not compensated in any way. I just love them so much! All the opinions expressed here are my own.
One Year Ago: Basic White Bread and King Arthur Flour Blog & Bake
Two Years Ago: Apricot Sage Cookies
Golden toasted sourdough bread filled with Dubliner cheese, peach jam and arugula for an outstanding grilled cheese sandwich.
- 2 slices sour dough bread
- 1-2 tablespoons Kerrygold butter, room temperature
- 1-2 tablespoons peach jam
- 6 slices Kerrygold Dubliner cheese
- 1/2 cup arugula
- Place skillet over medium heat and spray with nonstick spray.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. spread unbuttered side of bread slices with peach jam. Top one bread slice with Kerrygold Dubliner cheese and top with other slice of bread.
- Place into skillet and heat until cheese has melted and bread is golden on both sides, flipping once. Gently open sandwich and top with arugula. Cut in half and enjoy immediately.