SURPRISE!!!! **A room full of people shout in glorious unity while clapping and almost sending a shocked pregnant lady into labor** Well, virtually at least. Today marks the date of a virtual baby shower for my friend Ruthy, the self-proclaimed food nerd and wildly entertaining author of the blog Omeletta. If you’re not familiar, trust me … You want to get familiar.
Ruthy is a NYC gal expecting her first child and today we are thrilled to gather together to celebrate that bundle of joy. As you know, so many times we forge friendships through our mutual blogs yet we’re all spread out across the country and world so when someone has a birthday, a baby, an anniversary or any number of momentous occasions we can’t just get together for dinner to celebrate. That’s what’s so wonderful about the blogosphere though. We can still come together to congratulate and celebrate one of our own. I was fortunate enough to have Ruthy as a reader at first which led me to Omeletta where I enjoy each of her incredible recipes. Next, she hopped in to joined Carrie and I as a part of First On The First which led to getting to know her even better.
We would all love to be together in one room shouting surprise and eating all the wonderful food that everyone has brought to this party but virtually is almost as good. For my dish, I decided to make these no-bake cookie dough bars. They’re easy to make and just a small piece is all you need to satisfy any craving that may strike. As good as freshly baked cookies are, we all know that the cookie dough is definitely something special all on its own. With no raw eggs, these no-bake cookie bars are safe for everyone to eat. A drizzle of white chocolate finishes off this special little treat.
Ruthy, I’m so excited for you and wish you a quick, easy labor after which nothing but happiness lays ahead. The feel of that new baby in your arms, the smell of that soft little head and sleepy coos are among life’s greatest joys. Congratulations! Now, let’s feast our eyes on all the deliciousness everyone brought to the party.
All the Other Delicious Baby Shower Food:
One Year Ago: Coffee Lovers Cookies
Quick, easy to make cookie dough bars. No oven required!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, allowing paper to hang over the edges of the pan to allow you to lift your cookie dough bars out of the pan later. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer whip the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and beat again.
- Add half the flour and beat just until combined. Add sweetened condensed milk. Beat until combined. Add remaining flour and beat until incorporated.
- Fold in 1 cup white chocolate chips and semisweet chocolate chips. Scrape dough into prepared pan and press mixture evenly into pan using hands sprayed lightly with cooking spray due to stickiness of dough. Refrigerate overnight until firm.
- Melt remaining 1 cup white chocolate chips and drizzle over bars. Refrigerate until set. Cut into squares. Serve.
**Time does not include overnight chilling.