Spiced Cranberry Sweet Potato Bread

by Kate on November 29, 2013

Spiced Cranberry Sweet Potato Bread

Good morning! Are you out there battling the Black Friday crowds? Have you already been and returned? Are you bruised and battered but the proud owner of a wonderful steal? I’m more of a Cyber Monday gal myself. The day after Thanksgiving I’m still stuffed, in relaxation mode and quite frankly, I love a sale but not enough to wait on insane lines outside a store or risk getting trampled by motivated shoppers. Monday morning I’ll be in my pajamas with a piping hot cup of coffee with a laptop ready to “battle” for my deal online.

Today though, today I have leftover sweet potatoes that I didn’t cook up. How about you? I hope so because I have a great use for them. You need to make this Spiced Cranberry Sweet Potato Bread. Shredded sweet potatoes, tart cranberries and buttery pecan pieces swim in a spiced batter that bakes up to a tender, fragrant quick bread that makes a wonderful morning treat with a cup of coffee or a delightful afternoon snack. You could even pack it in your purse to sustain you through the craziness of Black Friday.

Spiced Cranberry Sweet Potato Bread

You can read more about this Sweet Potato Quick Bread Recipe over on Food Fanatic today.

Terra November 29, 2013 at 5:49 pm

I avoided Black Friday like the plague, LOL! I love reading all the fun recipes created with leftovers. Since I adore sweet breads, using sweet potatoes is a fabulous addition! Your recipe looks so delicious:-) Hugs, Terra

Liz November 29, 2013 at 6:17 pm

I love that you added cranberries! I’d be delighted to find this in my purse ;)

Kristen November 29, 2013 at 6:49 pm

My husband had to go to Walmart on Thanksgiving, but I rarely shop on this weekend. It’s no fun. I would much rather buy presents online or in July.

That bread looks so moist and delicious. I am a big cranberry bread fan. I like the idea of adding sweet potato.

Kate December 1, 2013 at 10:11 am

I’m with ya Kristen ;) And thanks so much!

suzanne November 29, 2013 at 8:43 pm

I’m making this tomorrow, have sweet potato and cranberries left. Looks delicious.

Kate December 1, 2013 at 10:11 am

Oh I hope you enjoy it Suzanne!

laurasmess December 1, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Yum!! I adore sweet potatoes but I’ve never thought to turn them into a baked treat. This loaf looks divinely moist, spiced and delicious. A couple of questions since I’m an Aussie girl who knows very little about Thanksgiving. Why is the day after called Black Friday? Hm, I should really do a google search… :)

Kate December 1, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Thanks Laura! At first I thought pergolas pumpkin bread with cranberries but I’ve really been playing up that combination a bit too much lately and I had sweet potatoes on hand. It was perfect! Everything a spiced autumn quick bread should be. As for Black Friday, retailers here in the states make so much money on all the sales that day that it puts their businesses “in the black” for the year. If they weren’t profitable before Black Friday, they are afterward. It’s insane! I never set foot in a store that day. People quite literally get trampled and into fist fights over merchandise and just basically act like fools :)