Our first batch of muffins for a brand new year of all sorts of exciting, scrumptious muffins! Happy 1st Muffin Monday of 2012! This week we have muffins that are more like eating an unfrosted cupcake. Well, I suppose muffins are very much like unfrosted cupcakes but this one really tastes like cake.
These Oreo muffins taste like vanilla cake with bits of Oreos scattered throughout them. In fact, next time I make them (and there will certainly be a next time) I think I may just top them with a dollop of frosting and turn them into cupcakes. They weren’t overly sweet but just sweet enough. They make the perfect afternoon snack and are a special little treat.
Oreo Muffins Slightly Adapted from Food.com
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
12 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin pan with muffin cups.
– In a medium bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and sugar. Set aside.
– In a small bowl, combine milk, sour cream, and egg.
– Stir the milk mixture with the butter into the flour mixture until combined.
– Gently stir in the cookies.
– Spoon batter into 12 prepared muffin cups.
– Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
– Remove from pan to a cooling rack to cool.
– Serve warm or at room temperature.
Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street. A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings week after week one muffin at a time.
Drop in a quick line to join me on this journey and beat the glum monday mornings.