This week’s muffin is yet another recipe you can eat guilt-free. Anuradha decided to give us a recipe for olive oil muffins. I was so excited to see that because the last time I made an olive oil cake the results were magnificent! After making that cake I was immediately a fan of olive oil in baked goods.
Once again, olive oil is the star flavor in these incredibly moist muffins and it’s complimented with both lemon and orange zests. For my variation, I decided to add finely diced pears and minced fresh rosemary. These muffins are a barely sweet muffin brimming with little fruit pieces perfect for any time of day.
Rosemary Pear Olive Oil Muffins Adapted from Giada de Laurentiis
Yields 12 muffins
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
4 large eggs
1 Tablespoon orange zest, finely grated
1 Tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons whole milk
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon finely minced fresh rosemary
1 pear, small dice
– Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
– In a medium bowl, blend together the flour, baking powder and salt.
– In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, blend together the sugar and eggs until pale and fluffy.
– Beat in the vinegar and milk then gradually beat in the olive oil.
– Add the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
– Stir in the rosemary and diced pears.
– Fill each muffin liner until almost full.
– Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a tester comes out with moist crumbs attached. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.